The Hearth is offering an intensive certification program in community storytelling for those interested in the transformational power of stories. The Certificate in Community Storytelling offers a variety of experiential exercises, individual skill-building, practical teaching, online discussion groups, and written and online resources. Individuals who complete the certification course will:
- Understand how stories function in our personal and public lives.
- Learn how to create transformative events that deepen relationships within a local community or organization.
- Explore narrative practices that promote individual growth, social awareness, and community action.
- Learn how to create a variety of public story-sharing platforms that engender trust and vulnerability.
- Gain concrete skills for community storytelling including story recruitment, event promotion, audience building, public participation, media integration, and fundraising.
- Learn how to craft personal stories for speaking, teaching, and facilitation.
- Increase skills for coaching groups and individuals in personal storytelling.
- Discover methods for amplifying the voice of marginalized populations.
- Learn how to apply storytelling techniques within personal, professional, and community settings.
The Hearth Certificate Program is a one week concentrated intensive held April 19-24, 2020. Six months of additional teaching and coaching with Mark Yaconelli is available from May through October 2020 for an additional fee. You can register here.
Learn how to use story and story facilitation to bring more compassion, connection, and beauty into your life, your family, and your community.-Lucinda Moeglein 2019 participant
Whether you do this course for personal or professional reasons, it will give you hope for humanity.–Khaliqa Baqi 2019 participant
You will be empowered to impact and love others through the practice and power of storytelling.–Ted Hammett 2019 participant